Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mid-Winter ‘Comfort’ Breakfast!

When I got up this morning, I looked outside and noted that it was still gray and a little depressing…although the fog was mostly gone.  With January morning temperatures to date mainly ranging from the high 30’s to the low 40’s, it seemed like a good morning for ‘comfort food’.  My better half perhaps wisely declined my offer to make her one of these ‘breakfast’ creations…


I started by assembling the following ingredients: Two brown eggs; a piece of bread from Fresh Market; 2 split left-over grilled hotdogs; a ladle and a half of Laurie’s homemade HOT ground beef and bean chili, and; some shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

I heated the chili and the hot dogs in the microwave; then I toasted and buttered the bread.  My preliminary assembly was as follows:  toast on the bottom; split hot dogs on the toast; chili ladled on top, and; I spread the shredded cheese liberally on top of the hot/HOT chili…and it melted nicely. 

My final step was to fry the 2 eggs easy-over in butter with a bit of pepper…and then I slid them into the place of honor on top of the toast, hot dogs, chili and cheese.  What a luscious combo! 

This was a very comforting breakfast on a gray day…and it definitely carried me through until dinner time!
Just click on any photo to enlarge the photo…
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
Take Care, Big Daddy Dave   

5 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, now that's a breakfast - I can't believe Laurie declined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would have to take a nap after that huge breakfast! For our next blogger get together you and Larry need to have a breakfast throw down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dave, That breakfast is a breakfast that is not fooling around. How delicious with a good cup of coffee! Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks deliciously filling. Nothing beats a good breakfast to start the day. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a breakfast that would fill you up. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete