Friday, March 15, 2013

Brunch Construction w/Leftovers!

Cereal gets boring… Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches aren’t bad, if you eat them once a week.  Toast and peanut butter with or without some jam is nice now and then.  I make cheese eggs and toast about once a week…

But, every now and then, I check to see what’s leftover in the fridge…and instead of a breakfast, I make up or create a brunch for myself. (Note: Laurie usually avoids these creations!)
 
The other day, I took some leftover pasta with peas and chicken, browned it in the frying pan…covered it with a couple of slices of pepper jack cheese and then I placed two over-easy fried eggs on top. 
 
 
To complete this brunch, I added my usual shots of Tabasco.  The eggs and cheese made the dish nice and creamy with the Tabasco and pepper jack cheese adding a bit of pop to the creation.  I’d rate this brunch at about an 8.0 on my flavor scale.
 
 
Just yesterday, I put together another brunch creation.  This time I started with a couple of Laurie’s English muffins...toasted and buttered.  Then I fried/reheated a slab of leftover meatloaf.  It too was a ‘creation’, as we’d experimented with taco flavored pork sausage instead of the usual hot pork sausage with the ground beef in Laurie’s most recent meatloaf.   
 
 
OK…It’s an English muffin topped with a slice of meatloaf, then covered with chili sauce that is normally used with hot dogs, plus a layer of shredded sharp cheddar cheese and then finally topped with 2 over-easy eggs. (I did add Tabasco after taking the photos) This brunch topped my flavor scale at an 8.9…a bit higher than my previous creation!

Just click on any of these photos to enlarge them…
I never promised pretty or light brunches!  Thanks for stopping by and risking heartburn and clogged arteries with me.  I’ll have to eat healthy foods for a couple of days just to detox the system…
Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

4 comments:

  1. The description of your last brunch creation had me gasping for air as I read your description of it to the Silver Fox :-). Eat with gusto, my friend and have a great weekend while you are at it. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me hungry Dave. I sure miss English muffins, here in Italy they don't sell them. I make them at home though and they come out quite good. I see you'be been to New Zealand...I would love to go there but I'm afraid of flying. Looking at your pictures though was like a virtual tour. What a gorgeous place! Thank you for stopping by. Have a nice Sunday Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Dave and Im hungry of course!!! take care!

    ReplyDelete