Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Old Time Family Photos…

I love old photos, especially those that are family related.  Just for fun I decided to post a few of my favorites.


Maternal Great Grandmother – Selma Bergstrom


Maternal Grandmother – Estelle (Sibbald) Weed


Grandma and Grandpa Weed with Elizabeth, Nathan Jr., Jack and Jeane.


My mother Elizabeth, ca. 1943.


Mom, me and my father Ronald ca. late 1942 – early 1943.


Ronald Allen Myers – KIA Czechoslovakia (May 1945)


The Thomson Family – Scotland (Late 1800s) My future Stepfather Hugh Thomson is the second from the right in the back row.


Mom, my brother Robert and me at home on Douglas Street in Jackson Michigan. (ca. 1955 – 56)


Myself, Robert and Hugh Thomson out for a Sunday drive. (Ca. 1958)

I’m fortunate as I have a lot of old family photos and so does Laurie.  My biggest problem is that many of the people featured in the oldest photos, especially from the Weed side of my family, are unidentified.  I’m working through Ancestry.com to research these and other members of the family with the goal of going back as far as I can.  

Fortunately I do have quite a bit of documentation for the Weed/Sibbald side of the family.  My biggest challenge is my father’s family history.  Ties with my mother and the Myers' family seem to have died out following my dad’s death at the end of WWII.

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

  

1 comment:

  1. you definitely take after your maternal grandmother and your father!

    ReplyDelete