Monday, May 28, 2018

In Memoriam – Memorial Day 2018



 My father, Ronald Allen Myers, was born in Jackson Michigan on April 2, 1911.   He and my mother, Elizabeth Sibbald Weed, were married on January 17, 1939.  I was born on July 21, 1942.  Chubby little thing wasn’t I!  This photo was taken at my grandparent’s house on East Prospect Street in Jackson.


This is a photo of my father and me when I was about 2 years old…


During World War II, on May 6, 1945, Sgt. Ronald Allen Myers was killed in action while fighting in Czechoslovakia.  He was with the 18th Infantry Regiment of the First Division, (aka “The Big Red One” or “The Fighting First), of the United States Army.  I wish I'd gotten to know him...
 
Thanks to our armed forces and their sacrifices… God Bless America!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing those precious pictures and your story, friend Dave ... thank you for your dad's ultimate sacrifice ... technically and literally he helped liberate a whole lot of suffering people, including gypsies like me. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and nice memorial David, and you looks so cute !! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad you can't know your father but Im sure he lives in you !

    ReplyDelete