Monday, August 6, 2018

Clear Water Harbor – Waupaca Wisconsin


We continued our family visit in the Plover/Stevens Point area…with the sister’s cousin Carla at the helm!  She had planned ahead to maximize both family time and a bit of exploration in the area.  As I mentioned previously, Laurie and I hadn’t been around these parts for over 10 years…


This is Clear Water Harbor.  This restaurant and bar on Taylor Lake also features boat cruises and special events.  It’s located at N2757 County Road QQ in Waupaca Wisconsin. 


This is a view of the inside portion of the deck.  We were actually seated outside by the water.  Under the 'influence' of the lake and views, I neglected taking a photo of the indoor dining area.



This was the view to the left side of our table.  There were a lot of people around but the scene was very relaxing.  I like boats so I took a closer photo of ‘The Lady of the Lakes Motor Yacht’.  She was specially built for the tourist trade, and she measures 54 feet in length.  ‘The Lady of the Lakes’ has been sailing these waters since 1983.


This was my attempt to photograph a water lily in bloom.  The popular  ‘wisdom’ is that water lilies will only grow in clean fresh water…


This was our view to the right side of our table.  Pontoon boats continually arrived and departed during our restful lakeside snack and beverage break.


This is the other boat that takes tourists on cruises from Clear Water Harbor.  She’s the Chief Waupaca, a 60 foot long double deck sternwheeler that can carry up to 70 passengers.  The “Chief” has been cruising these waters since 1975.  Since the owners of Clear Water Harbor actually restored this vessel prior to putting it into service on the lake, it is actually more than 43 years old.  However, I couldn’t find any history on this boat.


Clear Lake Harbor is truly a popular spot!  This photo was taken from the dock looking back and to the right of the restaurant building.  There were lots of folks enjoying themselves at waterside on the open decks.


Of course I prefer a little shade by the shoreline… We were seated to the left of the dock…at the right edge of the covered portion of the deck.  Looking at this photo, I noticed that Karole was completely exposed to the sun!


Primarily we indulged in adult beverages.  I wasn’t driving so I could imbibe too!  However, we did order a couple of appetizers.  These were the Pretzel Bites with a cheese dip.  The pretzel bites had a nice texture but the cheese sauce was too bland for me…

Clear Water Harbor does have an extensive menu featuring flatbreads, fish, burgers, pizza, chicken, salads, etc.  To learn more about this popular establishment and its cruises, you can go to https://explorewaupaca.com/index.html.


These Fried Cheese Curds (a Wisconsin specialty) were a step up from the pretzel bites.  They don’t call Green Bay Packer fans ‘cheese heads’ for no reason!  FYI, both appetizers were partially consumed before I took a photo.

Note:

·         In 2016, U.S. cheese production was 12.2 billion pounds.  Wisconsin continued to lead all other states in cheese production with 3.1 billion pounds.  That’s 1,550,000 tons of cheese!  In 2015, cheese consumption in the USA was 37.1 pounds per person…



These are 2 views of Taylor Lake…home of Clear Water Harbor and those cruise boats.  It doesn’t look large, (it’s only 35 acres +/-) but looks can be deceptive.  Actually, Taylor Lake is just 1 out 22 lakes that make up Wisconsin’s Chain O’ Lakes.  The 60’ long Chief Waupaca’s tours explores 8 of the lakes and the Lady of the Lakes cruises through 11 lakes.

To learn more about this chain of glacially formed lakes, you can go to https://explorewaupaca.com/index.html.

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by to see what we’ve been up to!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty place to spend some time and I'm confident I eat my 37 lbs eat year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 0630 hrs here in AB … At 0545hrs I was rudely awakened by cat Theo jumping and landing right on my bum leg … It took me a while to stop howling and feeling sorry for myself, but here I am, enjoying your post(s). Thank you for making me smile, friend David. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely pictures David, I love all! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love any kind of cruise. This looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete