Monday, May 27, 2019

In Memoriam...

In Memoriam – Ronald Allen Myers

Ronald Allen Myers…my father.  Killed in action during World War II in Czechoslovakia.  Date of Death: May 5 1945.  Victory in Europe Day was only 3 days later on May 8, 1945. 


High School Graduation Photo


Mom and Dad with yours truly in front of my maternal grandparent's home in Jackson Michigan...


My dad and me not long before he shipped over to Europe.


Sgt. Ronald Allen Myers


Notice of Ronald Allen Myers’s Death as published in the Jackson Citizen Patriot Newspaper.


My Dad’s burial flag being displayed on our deck with the help of other Myers family members.

Rest in Peace Dad… I’ll always wonder what life would have been like if you’d survived the war and had raised me.

Thanks to all who have given the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect their families and our freedom!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave 

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa's unit information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

    ReplyDelete