Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Food, Shopping and Fashion – Family Visit (V)

…continuing with our family visit.  

Unlike previous visits by Laurie’s sister Bonnie and her husband Bill, our exploration and dining experiences had to be limited due to Covid-19.  Such is life…but it did limit our ability to go to new places and have a variety of new experiences.

So, it’s time to eat again!


Bonnie and Laurie decided to get creative and make a dessert for our evening meal.  In this case, it was peach and blackberry cobbler, made of course with fresh peaches and blackberries.  This is what it looked like before it went into the oven.


Laurie made my favorite baked and breaded pork chops using seasoned Italian bread crumbs.  I love pork chops cooked this way!  Complement those 1.25 inch thick chops with roasted potatoes, pork gravy, broccoletti and fresh bakery bread…and I am always one happy camper! 


This was Laurie’s plate…modest in scope, with a small serving of the roasted potatoes, a little gravy and a decent size portion of broccoletti.  The best news for both Bill and I was that neither Laurie nor Bonnie could finish off their chops!  That meant that both Bill and I were able to enjoy the leftovers for a breakfast snack…


You might be able to guess that this is my plate of food… The pork chop was a little larger, I had lots of potatoes and gravy, a decent serving of broccoletti and I added a slice of buttered bread.  I will admit to having a few extra potatoes with gravy but I may have offset the damage by finishing off the remaining broccoletti!


Much later, we all indulged in those large ramekins full of peach and blackberry cobbler.  Of course we had to heat up our desserts and add a little vanilla bean ice cream.  Those ramekins were larger than we thought but the cobbler was excellent!


What!  Shopping again?!  Well, for the first time this year we actually put on our masks and went shopping for clothes.  We like Stein Mart and their prices are right. 


Laurie picked out several items as did I.  All of us bought something!  Credit to Stein Mart for taking all necessary Covid-19 precautions.  The staff all wore masks, the fitting rooms were closed, clothes that are tried on aren’t rehung until the next day, carts are sanitized and there was a plexi-glass shield at checkout.

So onto our personal fashion evolution during the Covid-19 era…


Here we are before trying on our first face masks.


Here we are in our first plain white basic face coverings.


In our next phase, we stepped our ‘look’ up a bit, don’t you think?


These are our most recent face mask acquisitions.  I’m not sure which mask I like best… I do know that whichever mask I’m wearing, my glasses fog up and I frequently end up going without the spectacles.  I think that I like Laurie’s newest mask the best on her…

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!


Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

5 comments:

  1. Nice selection of masks. The cobbler looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. broccoli is one of my favorite vegetable, because tasty, fresh and healthy......

    Your foods so appealing....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner looked good, Dave, but then that dessert looked even better. And, of course, you had to add vanilla bean ice cream to top off the cobbler, doesn't everyone? Thanks for the face mask fashion show, It's amazing how these have quickly become a fashion accessory these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love yours face masks!! And the food looks awesome David, please take care!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A ramekin is a small glazed ceramic, plastic, stainless steel or glass bowl used for cooking and serving various dishes" as per Wikipedia … smiles … there you go, friend David … you "learned" me something today … smiles … Lovely pic of you two … the first one, that is. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete