Monday, May 30, 2022

In Memoriam - My Dad

 This post is to honor and remember my father who died in action in Europe during World War II


This photo shows my father, S/Sgt. Ronald Allen Myers, leading a United States Army column near Riefensbeck Germany on April 14, 1945.  

He had been shipped out to the European Theater to fight the Germans in January of that year.  He was KIA (killed in action) about 3 weeks later on May 6, 1945, while in combat with German forces near Pilsen Czechoslovakia, now the Czech Republic.  I was about 2 years and 10 months old at the time.  The War in Europe ended 2 days after he was killed... 

Thanks to all who have made the greatest sacrifice to protect us as well as those who continue to fight for our freedom...

God Bless America and Take Care

David Myers, aka Big Daddy Dave

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute to your dad, David.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always saddens me to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I also recall this post, Dave, it is good to remember the service and sacrifice if your late father and so many others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good thing, to remember what you can of your father's life. I imagine his death impacted your mother, and then you, very much at the time.

    ReplyDelete