Friday, December 15, 2017

Spiro’s Restaurant – Chesterfield Missouri

Over our Thanksgiving holiday week, Laurie and I made a family pilgrimage…traveling first to visit her family in St. Louis and then our son and his family in Omaha Nebraska. 


Laurie and her 3 sisters decided that we’d all get together for dinner somewhere the evening that we arrived in the St. Louis area.  I did a little research and found Spiro’s, a Greek restaurant, something that doesn’t exist in our area of East Tennessee so that's where we met...   




The interior of Spiro’s is spacious with a friendly warm ambiance.
 
FYI…My photos didn’t come out very well.  Our camera wasn’t working as it should, having trouble with the automatic focus and even with the lens opening up.  For my Christmas present, it’s since been replaced!  My apologies to Spiro's management...

The original Spiro’s Restaurant opened in St. Louis back in 1975.  I didn’t remember it but Laurie assured me that we’d eaten at Spiro’s at some point before we moved to Chicago in 1982.  Spiro’s now has 2 locations, one in Chesterfield and the other in St. Charles Missouri. 


This was our little family/sisters gathering.  From the left Bill, his wife Bonnie, Glenda, her husband Ken, Bob, his wife Karole and Laurie patiently waiting for me to take yet another photo…


This was the Cold Appetizer Platter. ($14.00) It included tzatziki, hummus and feta cheese with olives.  I love feta cheese and the hummus with pita bread was also very nice.


This was Laurie’s small Athenian Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onions and feta cheese. ($6.00) She really enjoyed it!


This bowl of soup was a treat that I hadn’t had since we left Chicago over 8 years ago.  Avgolemono Soup consists of rice in a lemon and chicken broth. ($5.00) It was very nice but not as ‘lemony’ as I remember the ones I enjoyed in Chicago.


One of the entrees was this bowl of Macedonian Pasta. ($16.00) It consisted of pasta with shrimp, whole plum tomatoes, basil, olive oil and garlic.  We had another happy diner…


Well…not everyone went Greek!  This was the 6 oz. Filet Mignon with a baked potato and mixed vegetables. ($23.00) Different strokes for different folks…but we had another satisfied sister at the table!


There was one other non-Greek entrée on the table.  This was Spiro’s Chicken Parmesan…pasta and a chicken breast topped with a light red sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. ($15.00) Bob cleaned his plate too!


This was Laurie’s entrée.  It’s Pasta Angelo…pasta with charbroiled chicken, spinach, artichokes and feta cheese in an olive oil broth. ($16.00) Laurie was very pleased with her choice!


This was another dish that I regularly ordered when we lived in Chicago… It’s the Half Grecian Chicken Oregenato with rice and vegetables. ($15.00) I could have opted for roasted potatoes but I chose the rice.  This was a very nice entrée…but, as with the soup, the flavors weren’t quite as distinctive as I expected. (Maybe it’s just me!) 


This order of Grecian Style Shrimp is the last entrée on the table that I had a photo of.  This dish included jumbo shrimp sauteed in white wine, cream sauce and mushrooms.  It was another winner!  One other entree was a duplicate and my photo of Spiro's Pastichio ($15.00) just didn't turn out at all.  

The only sad thing is that Laurie and I had to go to St. Louis for quality Greek cuisine!  FYI, Laurie and I also had an order of tzatziki with pita bread as a side item. ($7.00) We love garlic!

Spiro’s Chesterfield restaurant is located at 1054 North Woods Mill Road.  Phone: 314-878-4449.  Website: https://spiros-restaurant.com/chesterfield/.

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for joining us for a dinner with the family!


Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

3 comments:

  1. my favorites are Laurie's salad and the soup you asked.
    I love soup always.My favorite is with red lentils and zuchinni.
    hope you have a nice and happy Christmas with Laurie .
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good Greek restaurant but as you said few and far between around our area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Greek food! Those dishes look so appetizing really! It's 10PM here in Sicily and I would love to taste all that food but it's time for bed :) You did a lot travelling Dave, first to your wife's relatives then visiting your son. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete