Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dining on the Dock!

What’s not to like about dining lakeside?!  Even better, how about dining on the water in a nice cove on the lake?  Our friends, Larry, (a.k.a., “Big Dude”), and his wife Beverly, invited Laurie and I, plus Laurie’s sister Bonnie and her husband Bill, over for " Dinner on the Dock" in their own little cove.   


Laurie took this picture of the dinner party…Bill, yours truly, Larry, Bev and Bonnie.  Another tough day on the lake!  After a few libations, it was time to eat!

Now for a look at the evening’s cuisine…and I do mean ‘cuisine’!

How about this luscious crab cake with homemade remoulade sauce on a bed of spinach and parmesan!  I don’t even care for crab and I never order crab cakes in restaurants…but this was a spectacular appetizer.  Everyone concurred and there is no doubt that I would have been happy having a few of these as my entrée!  The remoulade sauce was excellent and I didn’t even think about using my usual Tabasco…


Larry and Bev followed up that wonderful crab cake appetizer with this terrific flavor packed bean salad.  The produce was right from their garden and they accented the salad with bits of fresh mozzarella.  The presentation is beautiful, isn’t it? …eatable art! 


I love quality baked goods.  Bev told us that these were simple drop biscuits but I have to tell you that these warm cheddar and parsley creations were loaded with flavor…a truly delectable complement to a fine dinner!


Finally the entrée!  A ‘simple’ meal of garden fresh new potatoes, plus grill roasted shrimp with melted butter accompanied by slices of perfectly cooked maple glazed pork loin!  I had seconds of the pork loin and I grabbed one of Laurie’s potatoes.  What a great meal!  Our guests, Bonnie and Bill, were blown away by the hospitality and the food…

Not bad for a dockside meal…or a meal in a top notch restaurant either!  Larry and Bev’s dock is equipped with a refrigerator, running water, a grill and all of the necessary small appliances needed to produce such an elegant meal.  It was like eating at a resort…just a great experience with great people…a terrific evening all around!
To check out Larry’s Blog Site, go to http://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words. I may have to hire Laurie as she always gets better photos than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful meal had in the company of good friends. The food looks wonderful. I sure everyone enjoyed it. Have a great evening, Dave. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete