Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Ali " Cat and Me!

A couple of weeks ago, Laurie and I were over at our friend’s home after golf and dinner out.  They had us come in for a bit of dessert & conversation...


These are our friends, Karen and Charlie on a green at the Kahite Golf Course…one of the courses that we play on from time to time.  But this isn’t about Karen or Charlie or even golf… it’s about one of their cats!

Given the fact that Laurie has discovered that she’s allergic to cats…after years of us having between one and three of them living in our home…one big benefit of visiting Karen and Charlie’s home is that Laurie and I can get our cat ‘fix’!  Laurie just pops an allergy pill & nasal spray and we’re good to go!

This is Junior… This isn’t about him either!  However we must admit that Junior is very friendly and he’s a very handsome boy.  He is also Charlie’s best buddy…


Karen’s best buddy is Ali Cat!  Did this photo of Ali grab your attention??!  She is a little unusual for sure… With her large ears and those huge eyes, combined with a general lack of fur…more like fuzz with fur on the face and a little on her tail…Ali looks like a little alien!

Ali Cat is a Devon Rex.  This is a fairly new breed that emerged in England in the 1960’s.  In addition to being called an Alien Cat, Devon Rex are also referred to as the Pixie or Poodle Cat.  Devon Rex love people, they’re very smart, active, playful and just a bit mischievous.  They're also very soft and warm to the touch.

So…I was relaxing on a couch in front of the TV… Ali decided to climb up on me and check me out.  Then she discovered that I was nice and warm…and lacking much fur, she’s always seeking a warm spot.  She settled in and promptly went to sleep. 

The fun began when I wanted to get up to move over to the table with everyone else...  She just held onto my arm with her extended fore paw and slightly extended her claw.  I was forbidden to move!  When I tried it the second time, she repeated the move with her fore paw and she gave me a gentle ‘warning’ bite.  I decided to make an executive decision!  Not wanting to lose my right arm, I called Charlie over to pick her up so I could join everyone at the table.
I’m kind of a traditionalist when it comes to cats, but Ali Cat is an exception!  She’s one of the most interesting cats I’ve ever met.  She has a ton of energy and she’s very curious.  She and others of her ilk like to be close to the head and shoulders of their humans.  Ali will actually leap onto your shoulders from a piece of furniture… One description of the Devon Rex refers to them as ‘a monkey in a cat suit’.  Very apt indeed!
Just click on any photo to enlarge it…
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed you visit with one ugly cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that cat has a rich daddy. She is going to need all the help she can get :-). You are a great guy, Dave. I hope you have a wonderful evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete