Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas and Time Off for Good Behavior!


A Very “Beary” Christmas to All!

Those of you who are of a certain age have probably noticed that over the years you’ve accumulated a lot of stuff…some just stuff and some fun stuff. 


Well…this Christmas we decided to ‘free’ Laurie’s collection of bears.  They’ve been locked up way too long and we knew that they’d be more than happy to help us celebrate the Holidays.  This chair was crowded with bears.


The dining room table was overrun with bears!


The couch was overwhelmed with a plethora of bears…


The window bench was buried in bears…with no room for people!

So now that her bears were freed, we couldn't just leave them where they first landed.  We had to find homes for them around our house...


So some of them moved over to live by the Christmas tree.


Others took up residence on the stairs…


A group of smaller bears climbed up onto my mother’s old Eastlake desk.


Some even found their way to the top of the china cabinet.


The smallest bears found safety and security on the fireplace mantle while others found a home on the hearth…


…and finally there was peace and joy in our home!  The tree was lit and the mood was merry.  A very “beary” Christmas had arrived…

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Laurie and David (Big Daddy Dave)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing collection Dave! You can open up a shop. When we lived in New York, my mom used to get me stuffed animals from FAO Schwartz, but I think I heard that it has closed down. I loved walking around the shop. Coming from a little town in Sicily I felt like Alice in Wonderland seeing all those toys. My mother couldn't afford them but for my birthday she would always get me one. I remember I had a Yogi Bear that was almost as tall as I! Merry Christmas again Dave, to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Heart.... I love it!!!!!! I have collections --but none are as HUGE as Laurie's gorgeous collection. Glad you freed them.. I'm sure they brought you so much joy....

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete