Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Various Scenes and “Happenings”


Time to ‘clean out’ a variety of miscellaneous photos depicting ‘happenings’ and scenes that I’ve accumulated!


The other morning as I opened our blinds, I discovered that ‘our’ flock of turkeys were back.  As we were taking photos through the windows, we only captured 3 or 4 at a time in our pictures.  In any case, there were about a dozen of them working their way from one side of our yard to the other.  They weren’t in any hurry to move on either…




Not only were they rooting though the mulch looking for grubs and other tasty treats, they also worked over our grassy area too.  But the only places they made a mess were near our magnolia tree next to the driveway and by our dwarf crepe myrtle in our center planter.  We love our critters but Laurie did have to sweep and rake up the mess after they fed on the berries and seeds!

We get a lot of critters in our yard this time of the year as its the dry season.  We haven’t had any rain all month but we have an irrigation system so we’re growing and nurturing food for those in need…



This is Laurie’s ‘monster’ mother fern…with a baby ‘fiddlehead’ sprouting a new frond!  If this fern gets any larger, we will have to build an addition for it!  (Think “Little Shop of Horrors”!)




In a very recent post regarding a dinner at a Cheddar's Restaurant, I’d mentioned that my chicken fried chicken serving was so large that I had to bring half of it home with me… Of course I made this up for breakfast at dinner at home a day or two later.  First I heated it up in the microwave (the gravy was already on it), placed it on a slice of buttered sourdough bread, then I melted some sharp cheddar cheese on it and topped it off with an over-easy egg!  Hmmm…good!


You may remember my post about our visit to the Nina and Pinta (reproductions) at a marina in Lenoir City Tennessee.  I borrowed this photo from a related “Nextdoor” (Facebook) post.  It shows the 2 ships going through the locks at the Fort Loudoun Dam. (Sorry Cat!  She has 'lockaphobia') They sure are tiny…looking like toys.  I can’t imagine sailing across the Atlantic Ocean in them!


Dawn Marie is an executive with an international IT Security firm and she travels a lot.  She sent us this great nighttime view of downtown Chicago from her hotel room…  


Dawn Marie also sent us this photo of San Francisco Bay and the San Francisco International Airport from her room at the San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront Hotel.  Pretty spectacular!


This photo of a sunrise was taken much closer to home here in East Tennessee.  It was recently snapped and posted by our friend Linnea in the morning as she headed off to work.  This is a great place to live! 

That’s all for now!  Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

2 comments:

  1. Here I sit at 0446hrs nursing a head and stomach pain after falling off the Keto wagon 2 days ago. (Yes, I had some yummy bread, friend David) … Thank you for cheering me up with your pics. My favourite 3 are … the baby "fernling", the San Fran Bay/ Airport and the East Tennessee Morning. Wishing you a very happy Wednesday. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the leftovers and love the shots of the locks.

    ReplyDelete