Thursday, April 5, 2012

Another Little Breakfast!

What can I say…!  It was time for breakfast and I just didn’t feel like toast and jam, a fruit smoothie or some healthy cereal with blueberries.  Don’t get me wrong.  I like all of those things but there are those days that come along when a man has to do what a man has to do!


My efforts resulted in the ‘constructed' pictured above…

But, it all started with an inventory of the contents of the refrigerator to see what opportunities, i.e., leftovers, might present themselves.  What food groups could I find that might be available to match up with a couple of eggs so I could create something that would satisfy a man’s hunger?

Well let’s see… There was one lonely hotdog, there was a little leftover piece of a thin rib eye steak…and there was just about a cup of chili without beans left in a small container.  PERFECT!

Split and fry the hot dog just to heat it up and add flavor…same with the piece of steak.  Microwave the chili.  Then throw down a slice of toast from a Tuscan loaf for a base, put the split hot dog on one side, the little piece of steak on the other, cover them both with the hot chili and then drop a couple of easy over eggs on top!  Add Tabasco…and I had a darn near perfect breakfast… (I did forget to add the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the chili)
Thanks for stopping by to share breakfast with me!
Just click on any photo to enlarge it…
Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a real winner to me - especially with the chili addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say this looks like the kind of breakfast Dad would put together. Except he might want some kind of potato in there, not just toast. I hope you and Laurie are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dave, That is a hearty but I must say delicious breakfast. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete