Friday, February 21, 2020

An Early Valentine’s Day Dinner

We aren’t big fans of crowds in general and the idea of having a special Valentine’s Day dinner in an overcrowded restaurant, with stressed out wait staff and a kitchen stretched to its limits, just doesn’t appeal to us.  As a consequence, we decided to go out for our special dinner the night before the big day…


This is the Bonefish Grill on Kingston Pike in Knoxville Tennessee…

Laurie’s favorite food is LOBSTER…the tails with warm drawn butter!  We had Blooming Brand gift cards that were given to us by Dawn Marie at Christmas and we also had a Lifestyle Pocket Saver dining discount card  that we’d been given by our friends, Linda and Norm.  The latter was good for Bonefish Grill, (a Blooming Brand), so it was just a matter of which location to choose for our special dinner.  We decided to visit this one because we’d never eaten here before. 




The first photo shows the bar area at the Kingston Pike Bonefish Grill.  The other 2 photos show the dining area as seen from our table.  It’s a comfortable room with enough space between tables.  

The ‘fishy’ theme is accentuated by the metal wall sculpture called ‘Tarpon Dance’ on the wall in the second photo.  We arrived at 5:30 pm and by the time we finished eating, the restaurant was almost totally full.  Apparently, others had the same idea we did when it came to eating out on Valentine’s Day!


Laurie ordered a special adult beverage, the “Grapefruit-tini”. ($9.90) I went ‘crazy’ myself, eschewing my usual Miller Lite and ordering a Blue Moon with an orange slice. ($4.40) Laurie really liked her special ‘martini’.


We debated our choice of an appetizer… It came down to the “Bang Bang Shrimp”, (crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy spicy sauce), vs. the “Thai Coconut Shrimp, (six jumbo shrimp with sweet Thai chile sauce).  As you can see, the Bang Bang Shrimp won the debate. ($10.90) We really enjoyed them too!


Our server, Aaron, brought us some bread with seasoned olive oil dipping sauce and I ordered a side Caesar Salad for one of my normal side dish choices. ($2.00 extra) Of course, we’d powered through most of the bread and I’d begun working on my salad when Laurie reminded me that I hadn’t taken a picture.  So…she staged this one for me!  FYI, this was a good salad!


For my entrée, I went with something a little different for me.  This was my “Kate’s North Atlantic Haddock”, a mild flavored fish, garlic crumb dusted, wood-grilled and then topped with Feta cheese, artichokes and lemon basil butter sauce. ($23.40)

For my second side, I ordered the Sautéed Spinach.  It had a bit of garlic mixed in…a win in my book.  As for the Haddock, it was very ‘buttery’ and mild to the point that the feta cheese, artichokes and seasoned butter sauce were actually a necessity.  While not my favorite, it was very nice…  


As I pointed out in the beginning, our whole purpose in coming to Bonefish Grill revolved around my Valentine being able to indulge in her favorite seafood offering…LOBSTER! ($31.90) 

The twin lobster tails were accompanied with warm butter and two sides.  Laurie chose the Potatoes au Gratin and the Bonefish coleslaw.  She loved her lobster and thought that the potatoes were good but she wasn’t crazy about the coleslaw with its vinegar base.  She likes hers creamy.  The slaw didn’t go to waste though as I like vinegar based coleslaw!

Our waiter Aaron was pleasant, helpful and efficient.  The food was very good and the ambiance matched it.  This Bonefish Grill restaurant is located at 6610 Kingston Pike (US 11/70) in Knoxville Tennessee.  They are open 7 days a week…and after viewing the Sunday Brunch menu, we’ll have to go back for that dining experience.  Phone: 865-558-5743.  The website is at https://www.bonefishgrill.com/locations/tn/knoxville.

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

2 comments:

  1. Yummy Food for any occasion, friend David. Seafood and Salad sounds good to me any day. For "Keto bread's sake" I'm baking spelt bread as well as almond bread. Makes a good lil appetizer when paired with an olive oil/ balsamic vinegar dipping sauce:) Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you treated your Valentine to a special night.

    ReplyDelete