Friday, November 3, 2023

Dinner Out in Omaha Nebraska

Back in July, Laurie and I drove to Omaha Nebraska via the backroads of Missouri.  The goal was share my birthday with the family and to spend some time with our son, David II, our daughter-in-law Amy, and our two grandsons, David III and Emmett Lee.

Yes, I do know that it's almost November and I'm still writing about happenings in July...

…so, after our exploration of Harold Warp’s Pioneer Village in Minden Nebraska, Laurie, David II, Amy and myself went out for something to eat.  The ‘boys’, in their early 20s, had other plans for the evening.  Plenty of time for the grandson’s later as you will see…



This is the Pitch Restaurant in the western part of Omaha Nebraska.  There are 2 Omaha locations as well as 2 more in Scottsdale Arizona.  Both the exterior façade and the interior décor lend themselves to the currently over-popular “Industrial chic” style.  Note the open grill area where one could see the food being prepared if one was so inclined.

We started out with the Pitch version of Artichoke Dip…artichokes with a Romano and Parmesan cheese dip…served with the house focaccia bread. ($15.00) It was excellent.

I’m not sure who ordered a bowl of the Soup of the Day, but it was top notch as proven by the fact that it was half gone before I thought to take a picture. ($5 cup/$7 bowl)

As I recall, Amy ordered the Crab Cake Salad. ($22.00) In addition to a couple of nice looking crab cakes, it included spinach, red cabbage, cherry tomato, farro, avocado dressing and a ‘Pitch sauce’ drizzle.

This order of Crispy Calamari with zucchini strips and pepperoncini and arrabbiata sauce was very nice…a change up in preparation and seasoning as compared to the ‘usual’ fried calamari. ($18.00)

Since I can’t find this entrée/item on the current on-line Pitch menu, I’ll have to assume that it was a special when we were there.  It looks like a chicken sausage with spinach and cavatelli noodles with a garlic butter sauce and parmesan cheese…and it looks great!

We ended up with a nice basket of French fries on the table too. ($7.00)  I don’t know how it got ordered or by who.  I tested a couple of them and they were good…but I had my own carbs to deal with. 

Since this was my ‘birthday week’, I went all out for my entrée!  This was my Gold Canyon Angus Beef Short Rib Dinner. ($35.00) The short ribs were boneless and slow braised and they were accompanied with creamy polenta, braised carrot and sweet potatoes all with veal jus.  This dish is normally accompanied with Brussel sprouts…but since I can’t eat them, the kitchen substituted the sweet potatoes.  This was an excellent dinner!

The Pitch location in west Omaha is located at 17808 Burke Street.  Phone: 402-289-4096.  Service was good and the food was better!  Website: Food — Pitch (pitchpizzeria.com).

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

6 comments:

  1. The food all looks very good, especially yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad costs 22.00 with only 2 crabcake? The calamari and shortribs (i probably need triple portions) look great! I had a 600 grams of porterhouse steak and 2 eggs for breakfast today :-) Tomorrow is ribeye day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So July birthday wishes! Loved what you ate, as well as others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uy espero que haya sido un genial cumpleaños. Aunque ya estemos en noviembre. La comida se ve muy rica me dio ganas. Les mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, just stop by to thank you for the infor. on the beef price there. The price here is more or less the same, usually more expensive. Since that's the only meal I eat (one meal a day and fasting 23hrs DAILY, occasionally 48hrs fasting and I don't eat carbs at all), it ain't really unreasonable. If I could afford it, I would eat porterhouse every day..since I can't, I usually combine a smaller ribeye with some roast, or organic pasture raised organ meat, or a cheaper cut like 28-day-aged chuck eye rib. Sometimes I do order 1/4 cow online, organic and pasture raised..for 560 euro, but it doesn't have those prime cuts in it. Have a most wonderful weekend, David!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Happy 🎂 Birthday wishes to you, Dave. and your birthday meal did look good sas did the other foods shown as well.

    ReplyDelete