Monday, April 4, 2011

Leftovers = Comfort Food

While I'm not up to the standards set by Larry at http://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.com/, or other luminaries such as Chez at Fat Johnnies Back Porch or Raw Talent at Clubeclectia for leftovers and breakfasts, I do enjoy making something good from what's hanging around in the refridgerator. I especially like breakfast and sandwiches! Here I took a couple of half-stale buns from the fridge and toasted them...slathering them with butter. Then I seasoned and fried up a link of leftover bratwurst and matched it with some scrambled sharp cheddar cheese eggs. Add the Tabasco and it was a great little brunch! When Laurie and I got home late from a recent road trip, we picked up some Kentucky Fried Chicken and slaw for dinner. Usually, I just eat the leftovers for lunch right from the refrigerator. But, we'd picked up some great bread from a specialty store during our trip and I decided that we should try our extra crispy leftover chicken on the fresh bread with some mayo...leftover slaw on the side. This sandwich was all about the quality bread combined with the crispy crumbles and skin! Great flavor...lots of pop! Laurie's not too big on leftovers...but this was an exception! Just a side note... I've been having problems with formating lately. I'll have a blog set up just the way I want it and then I'll schedule it to go out. When it posts...a couple more recent ones posted in a disorganized confusing format. Then I had to 'kill' that blog and redo them all over again. Is anyone else having these kinds of issues? (Actually, this little blog was a problem too!)

4 comments:

  1. Is anyone else having issues with the formatting? This little blog was formatted in paragraphs with double spacing but no matter what I did, it wouldn't format as designed. Frustrated...Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you know how to do leftovers - I'd go for both of these meals. No formatting issues here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No formatting issues here. That's a mighty fine looking sandwich. You've taken leftovers to new heights. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dave.. You know me. Both of these will work splendidly! Leftovers are always on the menu at my place. After all, these are sandwich makings at their best. Great post. GRRRRRR I hate spacing issues and could crown Blogger for having them. %$#@!@

    ReplyDelete