Friday, February 5, 2016

Breakfast in Mount Pleasant SC!

We finally made it to one restaurant that I had on my ‘hot’ list for our visit to the Charleston South Carolina area… Even so, it’s one that I didn’t come up with on my own.  Our breakfast destination this morning had been highly recommended to us by Big Dude via an earlier posting on his blog site: http://bigdudesramblings.blogspot.com/.

So…across the bridge to Mount Pleasant from Charleston we went!



This is Page’s Okra Grill in Mount Pleasant South Carolina.  It is an attractive restaurant and it’s quite expansive too with both indoor and outdoor seating.  We opted to eat indoors… There is also an outdoor bar and it had some early morning customers!

The Okra Grill was established in 2006 and it is definitely a family operation.  The head chef is Ashleigh Page and she works alongside her sister Courtney who’s the GM as well as their father, a brother and an aunt. 



On an average weekday, with a kitchen crew of 8 or 9 including 4 line chefs, this restaurant will serve breakfast to 1,000 guests!  We were glad that we aren’t early risers and, although the restaurant was still busy, we were seated right away.

Page’s Okra Grill serves breakfast from 6:30 AM to 11 AM Monday through Friday, until Noon on Saturday, and from 8 AM to 2 PM on Sunday.  Lunch and dinner are also on the menu from Monday through Saturday.


One of our entrees was the 2 Egg Breakfast with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon accompanied by a side of Pimento Cheese Grits. ($9.00) It was very good and the grits were great!



No, I didn’t make a mistake.  This is the Pancake Breakfast.  It comes with 3 made from scratch buttermilk pancakes served with 2 eggs any style and your choice of Applewood smoked bacon, ham steak, sausage patties, or smoked links. ($9.50 with cheese in the scramble) With these big fluffy pancakes, this breakfast could keep someone going all day!  Another winner!

For some reason, either we didn’t take a photo of Laurie’s breakfast or it didn’t come out… She had the standard 2 Egg Breakfast with bacon, and home fries. ($7.00)

Note: We do prefer crispy hash browns vs. home fries but that isn’t an option at Page’s.  Their home fries are better than average... 


I went with something totally different for my breakfast!  I ordered one of Page’s Low Country Special Breakfasts.  This is the Fried Flounder and Eggs. ($9.00) Two lightly fried flounder fillets were served with 2 eggs easy-over plus I went with the home fries. It was a great breakfast!


Lest I forget, our breakfasts were accompanied by this basket of toast and biscuits. (Very nice biscuits they are too!)

Once again after reviewing the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus from Page’s Okra Grill, my only complaint is that there isn’t anything like it anywhere here in East Tennessee!  If lunch and dinner at Page’s is comparable to the quality of breakfast, this place could “own” the Knoxville metropolitan marketplace…

Thanks to Big Dude for the heads up recommendation!  We would highly recommend Page’s Okra Grill to anyone traveling to the Charleston area.  This restaurant is located at 302 Coleman Boulevard in Mount Pleasant South Carolina.  Phone: 843-881-3333.  Web Site:  http://www.pagesokragrill.com/.

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by for breakfast!

Take Care, Big Daddy Dave


4 comments:

  1. Pimento cheese grits, be still my Southern heart. I remember this restaurant from Larry's visit. Smart choice you two. It lived up to it's reputation.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, we loved Page's and I'm glad you guys got to try it and had a good experience. I'm with you on the hash browns as I thought their home fries were the weakest part of the meal - wouldn't keep me from eating there though - now I'm going off to see what all we ate there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum.... Looks delicious. We stayed one night in Mt. Pleasant (after Thanksgiving) but didn't eat breakfast there. However, we did eat a wonderful low country dinner at the Fish House (near Patriot's Point). I don't like grits anywhere BUT that area --so always have to have grits when I am there. My meal was shrimp and grits... YUM...

    We seldom ever eat breakfast out since breakfast calories are usually SO high. BUT--I do love a great breakfast every once in awhile.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dave, These breakfast choices look great. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I could eat it any time of day. I do like grits and the spiced version sounds wonderful. have a good weekend. Catherine

    ReplyDelete