Monday, May 2, 2016

A Nice Lunch in downtown Loudon Tennessee

Recently we’d tried one restaurant in downtown Loudon Tennessee and we’d been greatly disappointed.  On this occasion Laurie and I decided to try the other dining option in the center of town…


This is Annabell’s Emporium.  They sell antiques and gifts but the building also houses Annabell’s Café.  It’s been there for quite a while now but we’d never got around to trying it out.  I sort of expected a ladies ‘tea room’ kind of place with matching food…


The décor is sort of a cross between the tea room look and that of a small town local café.  Tables are available all the way across the front of the store itself and they had a fair amount of business while we were there…even a couple of young guys having lunch.


Laurie ordered the “Cranky Yankee”. ($7.69) This creation included sweet ham, roasted turkey, provolone cheese, thin sliced apple and cranberry sauce.  All panini’s (hot sandwiches) come with a few potato chips and a side dish.  Laurie ordered the Pesto Pasta Salad.  She loved her lunch!  She told me that she would definitely order this panini again…


I went for the “PEYTON”, another panini, this one made up with roast beef, sweet ham, smoked turkey, bacon, cheddar cheese and raspberry mustard. ($7.89) I asked for the fruit cup as my side…mainly because I’m not into the other 2 choices…the pasta salad or the potato salad. 

The sandwich was very good and I’d order it again although I’d substitute Dijon mustard instead of the sweet raspberry version.  I am not into sweet with my meat…a personal preference.  


Annabell’s has a number of dessert items on the menu including cake, pie cheesecake, cookies and scones.  Our host brought us the tray and offered us each one after our lunch…a very nice touch indeed.  Laurie had one of the …. Cookies and I had a Russian tea cookie, as shown on the right with the powdered sugar.  Both cookies were very nice.


Of course, we couldn’t leave the scones untouched!  We love scones and we bought a couple of Annabell’s cranberry scones for breakfast the following day.  Laurie thought that they were more traditional than the ones that we normally buy and rated them as being very good.  To me they were good but I prefer a lighter and sweeter version…

We’ll be back for another lunch at Annabell’s Café!  In addition to panini’s, they serve cold sandwiches, salads, wraps, soup, a quiche of the day, combination offerings, daily specials and all sorts of coffee drinks for there or to go.   Annabell’s is open from 11 AM until 5 PM daily.  They are located at 304 Wharf Street in Loudon.  Phone: 865-657-9846.  Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Annabells-Emporium-and-Cafe-133823313337139/.

Just click on any of the photos to enlarge them…

Thanks for stopping by for lunch!


Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found a winner and I'm with you on the sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great little cafe with lots of tasty food. And those goodies look perfect, I'd love to have any one of them now. Take care

    ReplyDelete