Time for a few more railroad passenger depots from our travels last summer... This is the North Girard Station...which is located in the middle of 'downtown' Lake City PA. (The town changed it's name in the mid-50's) The depot was built, (date unknown), by the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern. North Girard had passenger service until the late 1940's with service from both the New York Central and Pennsylvania Railroads.
This is the former Erie-Lackawanna Railroad passenger depot, located on 2nd Street at the foot of LaFayette Street in Jamestown, NY. As you can see, the building definitely needs help! It was built in 1931 - 1932 and rail service continued here until 1969. One end of the building suffered some fire damage in 2009. As a part of an overall downtown revitalization plan, the depot would be converted to a visitor center.
Finally, this is the former Pennsylvania Railroad depot in Mayville, NY on Lake Chautauqua. This 1 1/2 story building was built in 1925, with the last passenger train stopping here in 1949. Both this building and the depot in Jamestown are listed on the National Register for Historic Places. The railroad abandoned this depot in the early 1950's and Mayville purchased it in 1968. Half of the building is now being used as the Chautauqua township museum and two other rooms are being used by 2 not-for-profit organization.